Monday, June 16, 2014

6.13

Friday the 13th
Today, I am informed that I will NOT be going to work, because they want me to go to the doctor to see why I'm still sick with a sinus infection after the antibiotics they self-diagnosed me with, last week, didn't work (imagine that!). I bite my lip about asking to go to the doc last week when I first got sick, but no matter. Another girl, Hallie, caught what I have, so she ends up going to. They take us to a private ER because it's "faster." The ER is very nice, and they are over-accommodating, making us lay in hospital beds while we are wheeled around. A doctor takes some blood and comes back to tell me I have a sinus infection (I had no idea!). He prescribes some stronger antibiotics, an antihistamine, some unnecessary cough syrup, & something else unnecessary. When we go to the pharmacy, I only get the first two. Having bought international health insurance, as CCS required us to, we expect to be fully covered upon exit, but soon find out that is not the case. We have to pay upfront and then be reimbursed. It comes out to only $200 American, but that's still $200 I expected to have for the rest of the week (and my weekend trip to the lake). Lucky us, we won't get an email back about how to get reimbursed until Monday, since it is now the weekend. We get home in time for lunch. There's no activity planned for today, so I go shop for a Father's Day present, and then go to bed early. Tomorrow morning, Hallie and I will have to get up at 5 am to catch a cab to a hotel, where a shuttle will pick us up and take us to Panajachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment