Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6.7



























Oakland Mall
Today, I feel pretty bad after all the hiking on the volcano. I've been needing a rain jacket for some time, and there is an enormous mall in the "rich" zone, Zona 14. (Of course "enormous" is relative to my current location, as nothing will ever compare to Houston's Galleria). We arrive and it is very Americanized: American clothing stores and very American prices. I don't save any money on a North Face rain jacket by purchasing it in quetzales, but at least I have one. Perhaps one of the most amusing things about Guatemala are the McCafe's. McDonald's McCafe is an entire coffee chain here, a la Starbucks. They even have nice little scones and biscotti! I had to snap a picture... Too funny. We spot a double-decker carousel on one level, and there is a "VIP" movie theater here that is similar to Movie Tavern, except with reclining chairs. Hallie and I decide to see The Fault in Our Stars. After boo-hooing through the entire movie, we head back to the home base for an early bed time. Tomorrow, our taxi will pick us up at 4:30 in the morning to take us to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment