Saturday, June 28, 2014

6.19

Note:
Woo, did I get busy! I'm updating these last few days SUPER late, as I have time. I want to finish out the last week and remain true to my commitment; better late than never, right? So for Thursday....


Emily

Florencia
















































San Vincente 
Today is a movie day, very easy. Just like last Thursday, anyone who isn't watching is in physical therapy. Emily and I entertain ourselves, after chatting with a few of the staff, by making door-hanger templates that the women will color tomorrow. I've been wanting to do some sort of project with them, because coloring in coloring books for two hours is boring for ME and I can't imagine going to do it every single Tuesday for the rest of my life. After the movie, we talk to Alicia for a while, then Florencia asks for something to remember me by. I take a picture with her, and tell her I will print it out & bring it to her in the morning.

















Ixchel Museo
The group is going to the Popoh Vuh Museum today, so Hallie and I opt to go to the Ixchel textile museum instead. The museum shows the way the fabrics are made & the difference between each region's patterns and dress. Pictures are forbidden, but I sneak a few anyway. It's much of the same information that we got from the woman in San Antonio, but the creepy mannequins are interesting. There's a wall with some traditional headdress guides, so we try those out. I wish I could have gotten more pictures, there were some beautiful pieces hanging all around. We meet up with the group as they are finishing crafting their clay pottery. Tomorrow is my last day, and as much as I want to go home, I'm feeling a little sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment